<< Back to Extension manuals page
notice - Open Content License
For the new TYPO3 documentation-portal the development of the extension "ajaxportal" has just started. The intention of this extension is that everybody can use this, it shall not be specialized for the docportal. So the quality of it will be better.
The idea behind of it is: an FE-user can select some of a list of gadgets (see iGoogle gadgets) and move by drag-and-drop to a place where it should be. Settings are saved in a dataset for this user.
With hooks it shall be easy to extend it.
notice - Note
For the gadgets we need to define a good & easy interface, so that they can be developed independendly.
What does it do?
Ajax-based portal for an intranet or extranet. Content is shown by gadgets. Extendable by hooks.
Uploads via Special:Upload
A gadget has several settings:
- default position when added
- default slot
- default size x/y
- available as RSS or not, category
- default border-color, title-font-size, background-color
Several positions/slots are available:
|yourproperty||string / stdWrap||Your Property description - more about wiki-table||the default value|
Testing with different browsers
- Daniel: Linux with Firefox2, Windows with MS IE 6
- Virgil: is using windows. Can test MS IE 7 and Safari for windows
for extension: see ChangeLog - file
- 2007-04-16 created 0.0.1 alpha extension, mailinglist-info in ext and doc to ask for gadget-interface-contributors
- 2007-04-11 started project
- Dashboard for the BE
- Is it possible to provide RealURL / cooluri - paths for a piece of content?