|Proposal||TYPO3 needs a better SEO support, the core should provide more settings for search engine optimization.|
|Status||Draft, Discussion, Voting Phase, Accepted, Declined, Withdrawn|
|Current Progress||Unknown, Started, Good Progress, Bad Progress, Stalled, Review Needed|
|Topic for Gerrit||SEO|
- Started during TYPO3 CMS 7.3 development
Goals / Motivation
The main idea is, that the core provides a set of settings and fields on page level for a better SEO.
The main idea is, that every page can contain one SEO record. The SEO record contains all important data for search engines. For the first step we will implement the following categories and fields:
1) SEO basics
- title (SEO title for title tag)
- description (meta descriptions)
- keywords (meta keywords)
- canonical url (??)
2) Open Graph 2a) basic tags
- og:title - The title of your object as it should appear within the graph, e.g., "The Rock".
- og:type - The type of your object, e.g., "video.movie". Depending on the type you specify, other properties may also be required.
- og:image - An image URL which should represent your object within the graph.
- og:url - The canonical URL of your object that will be used as its permanent ID in the graph, e.g., "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117500/".
2b) optional tags
- og:audio - A URL to an audio file to accompany this object.
- og:description - A one to two sentence description of your object.
- og:determiner - The word that appears before this object's title in a sentence. An enum of (a, an, the, "", auto). If auto is chosen, the consumer of your data should chose between "a" or "an". Default is "" (blank).
- og:locale - The locale these tags are marked up in. Of the format language_TERRITORY. Default is en_US.
- og:locale:alternate - An array of other locales this page is available in.
- og:site_name - If your object is part of a larger web site, the name which should be displayed for the overall site. e.g., "IMDb".
- og:video - A URL to a video file that complements this object.
2c) structured properties
- og:image:url - Identical to og:image.
- og:image:secure_url - An alternate url to use if the webpage requires HTTPS.
- og:image:type - A MIME type for this image.
- og:image:width - The number of pixels wide.
- og:image:height - The number of pixels high.
2d) type specific tags: http://ogp.me/#types
3) Twitter Cards
Twitter cards are structured into several types of cards:
- Summary Card: Default Card, including a title, description, thumbnail, and Twitter account attribution.
- Summary Card with Large Image: Similar to a Summary Card, but with a prominently featured image.
- Photo Card: A Card with a photo only.
- Gallery Card: A Card highlighting a collection of four photos.
- App Card: A Card to detail a mobile app with direct download.
- Player Card: A Card to provide video/audio/media.
- Product Card: A Card optimized for product information.
Each type of card has its own set of meta tags: https://dev.twitter.com/cards/types
- One inline SEO record per page, which holds all the data which are related to the page.
- Signal/Slot for extensions like news to make it possible to set different data for single-view-pages