Blueprint: Wireframe Component
|Proposal||A reusable and data independent component for content composing.|
|Status||Draft, Discussion, Voting Phase, Accepted, Declined, Withdrawn|
|Current Progress||Unknown, Started, Good Progress, Bad Progress, Stalled, Review Needed|
|Topic for Gerrit||backend|
- TYPO3 CMS 9
Many record types like posts, references, news, products etc. have typically a list character, including pagination, filtering and sorting. But like pages also often a multi-variant content in such a way that content elements and layouts are required.
For example a blog post might have for one stake holder a primary content with an one column layout and three different content elements (e.g. text, image and video), but for another stake holder this primary content might require a two column layout and the same content elements like a page has.
There are already possible procedures of solution like page types or inline records, but they all have their limitations. The obvious approach would be a generic wireframe component for any record type!
- A record represents a single, implicitly structured data item in a table.
- A content element is the smallest unit of information directed towards to an end-user. Thus it could stand for a record in
tt_contentjust like a record in any custom table.
- A content container composes content elements in a specific layout. Thus it could stand for a record in
pagesjust like a record in any custom table.
- A component is a unit of composition with contractually specified interfaces and explicit context dependencies only. A component can be deployed independently and is subject to composition by third parties.
- A backend app is a focused backend module of TYPO3 CMS. The functional parts of a backend app are composed by multiple components.
- Data independence describes the ability to abstract from the logical database structure (schema definition).
- Increase the UX for editors during the composition of content elements within content containers of vendor solutions
- Simplify the development of vendor TYPO3 backend apps for maintaining content elements of content containers
- Increase the code coverage
- Simplify the future development
- Create content
- Delete content
- Edit content
- Hide content
- Rearrange content
- Translate content
- Search for content
- Using the FormEngine and the TCA
See https://github.com/witrin/grid for more details and the current development status.
Issues and reviews
Dependencies upon other Blueprints and Epics
- Content element wizard on GitHub
- Epic about the content element wizard
- TYPO3 Backend Apps engine on GitHub
- Master thesis about TYPO3 Backend Apps