During T3BOARD the community and participants can bid for bugs that ought to be fixed by TYPO3 core team. The next bug auction will take place during T3BOARD11 on 2011-03-31.
We would like to use the bug auction as an opportunity mainly to have some fun together, but also to involve more people in Core Development by inviting more people to help us fixing these tiny issues.
You are welcome to grab and fix a bug yourself or just sit next to a Core Developer to see how he's working on it (your help is very appreciated not only during such a bug auction... :-)).
Suggested Bugs for Bug Auction
- Forge: Request for Membership (OTRS Ticket 2010100274000178). When someone subcribes you get a confirmation with only source code.
- 25374: TYPO3 Core - Recursion error in typoscript when including typoscript files [Resolved; assigned to Tobias Liebig]
- 25470: TYPO3 Core - $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['BE']['unzip_path'] setting used with and without unzip command [Resolved]
- 25359: TYPO3 Core - Essential form protection tokens are dropped when beeing logged in for a "long" time [Closed; assigned to Helmut Hummel]
- 24223: TYPO3 Core - Replace shortcut misconfiguration with helpfull error message [Resolved; assigned to Steffen Gebert]
- 22408: TYPO3 Core - Default login (without EXT:felogin) form should be deprecated [Resolved; assigned to Susanne Moog]
- 25402: TYPO3 Core - PHP Catchable Fatal Error: t3lib_iconWorks::mapRecordTypeToSpriteIconName() [Resolved]
- 25494: TYPO3 Core - Sysfolder lacks field General Record Storage Page [Resolved]
- 25373: TYPO3 Core - More intuitive handling of media files in the media element [Closed]
- 25343: TYPO3 Core - Scheduler task to delete old rows from database tables [Closed]
- 25342: TYPO3 Core - Create scheduler task to empty recycler folders within fileadmin/ [Resolved]
- 22933: TYPO3 Core - Install tool should by default create database with utf8 charset [Resolved; assigned to Michael Stucki]
TYPO3 v5 / FLOW3
- 25498: TYPO3.Neos - Make Aloha floating menu draggable again [Closed]
- 25499: TYPO3.Neos - Display current website mode (Browsing, Selection, Editing) as icon in "Content" tab [Resolved; assigned to Sebastian Kurfuerst]
- Fix File Monitoring / Reflection Service. Files which have not changed are detected as "modified", probably related to Doctrine classes.
- Check why the Root Node is always marked as modified, i.e. why there are two root nodes per workspace
- Fix functional testing, badly needed
- 25609: TYPO3.Flow - Router should skip routes if the target controller does not exist [Resolved; assigned to Bastian Waidelich]
- In case of a wrong Database Connection specification (wrong host, wrong socket, credentials, database not existing, ...) the user should get meaningful exception messages.
- Aloha Bug: Implement Placeholders if content is empty
- Aloha Bug: https://github.com/alohaeditor/Aloha-Editor/issues/72 Make smartContentChange work in Firefox; see http://jsfiddle.net/4scsn/4/ for a demonstration of the problem.
- 25490: TYPO3.Fluid - pagination is fairly simple and not usable in bigger projects [Resolved; assigned to Bastian Waidelich] (Georg Ringer)
[Please add your bug suggestions for the upcoming bug auction here (links to bugs on https://forge.typo3.org/). Bugs should be easy to fix in a short time frame and get rid of something annoying.]
- 12502: TYPO3.Fluid - translate viewhelper should have optional parameter extensionName [Resolved] (Georg Ringer) -- no FLOW3 bug, so we won't do it now.
- Bidding happens in units of beer (1 beer = 4 EUR). The highest bid gets the credit for the bug. Bugs of last year
- If you win an auction, you will get a link in a news item on https://typo3.org/news/ (entries ordered by the amount of paid beers).
- The earnings of the bug auction will be split in the following way:
(Please give your feedback if you have any critism or comments to this draft to either Sebastian Kurfürst or Michael Stucki.)
- Cover part of the expenses (1000 EUR of 2200 EUR total) for the gondola and bus transport of Wednesday evening.
- From the remaining amount, allow free drinks for everyone on Thursday evening using 60% of the money.
(Note: Beers & mineral water will be free. Other drinks (cocktails, schnaps, etc.) will be deducted by 4 EUR (fair use priniciple)
- The other 40% will be donated to the Core Team, mainly for covering a nice dinner during the next team meeting.
- If more money was raised than what we can drink on Thursday evening, we take the freedom to adjust the above rules and assign the money in an appropriate way.
- Other than past years, we would like to wait with any payment at the bar until all bugs have been fixed (but not neccessarily yet been committed). Fair use principle, once more :-)