CMS Code Sprint 2013 Bochum
The code sprint for TYPO3 CMS 6.1 with the topic "'File Abstraction Layer"' will take place in Bochum, Germany. It will be about enhancing the newly introduced File Abstraction Layer (FAL).
The hashtag for the event is #t3sprint
Date and Times
Thursday, March 21th - Sunday, March 24th 2013
The start of the code sprint will be around 3pm on thursday, and wrap up things on sunday around 3pm. On each day we start coding at 9am-10am.
Map and Location
The software company G DATA (www.gdata.de) will be host of the code sprint. We can use the facilities given by GData at the Bochum offices.
Address: Königsallee 178, 44799 Bochum, Germany
Code Sprint Topics/Goals
- Clean up the existing non-FAL parts of the TYPO3 Core
- Improve localization and workspaces support
- Provide tools for extending FAL (e.g. indexing and storages)
- Provide documentation for extending FAL and migrating from DAM to FAL
- Provide a foundation for the DAM replacement "media" by making sure all necessary APIs are included in the TYPO3 Core.
- Benni Mack (Thursday until Sunday, acommodation needed)
- Fabien Udriot (Thursday until Saturday, acommodation needed)
- Nicole Cordes (Thursday evening till Sunday, acommodation needed)
- Andreas Wolf (Thursday to Sunday, acommodation needed)
- Alexander Opitz (Friday to Sunday, acommodation needed)
- Please add your name and the days you plan to participate
The TYPO3 Association is taking care of travel and accommodation expenses for all participants.
Art Hotel Tucholsky (Viktoriastraße 73, 44787 Bochum, +49 234 96436 ext. 0) - see www.art-hotel-tucholsky.de If you let us know in advance if you need accommodation, we can book a special price for all participants.
- Still open - sponsoring pizza, drinks is always highly appreciated.
- GData is sponsoring some warm meals already! THANKS!
If you have questions, or if you like to participate or offer some sponsoring, just get in contact with Benni Mack (benni dot mack et typo3 dot org)
Thanks go to
- Tom Rüther for organizing everything around the location
- GData for letting us stay at their offices