Contribution Walkthrough with CommandLine on Windows
notice - This information is outdated
This walkthrough requires basic knowledge of Git and the command line.
Make sure you also read Contribution Walkthrough with CommandLine as this page concentrates on Windows and not everything is repeated here.
Installing Git for Windows
- Download Git for Windows (e.g. Git-1.8.0-preview20121022.exe ) and install.
- After installation is finished, you can start your Git Bash. This is a console tool for Windows, in which you can use all Git commands and other important Unix commands.
- Navigate to the directory, into which you want to clone the repository. We use C:\xampp\htdocs\ as an example in this guide. The shell makes Window's drives (C:, D:) available under /<drive>/ (e.g. /c/).
- Create the directory for your git repository:
mkdir typo3 cd typo3
- Clone the repository:
git clone git://git.typo3.org/Packages/TYPO3.CMS.git
- Now as you have installed Git and cloned the repository, continue with the system-independent Walkthrough using the Command Line.
Setting up a TYPO3 installation on pre-Vista Windows
As symlink handling is not as easy on Windows as on other systems, you might want to copy the dummy-package directly into the directory containing the repository. To not get confused by Git, you should tell it to exclude these files. Edit .git/info/exclude and add these lines:
.idea/* .htaccess fileadmin/* uploads/* typo3conf/* typo3temp/*
Windows Vista and later Windows versions have a command line utility to create true symlinks.
In this example, the Git repository is located in C:\typo3_git\ and the webserver (XAMPP) is located in D:\webserver\.
- Create the directories: D:\webserver\htdocs\fileadmin\, D:\webserver\htdocs\typo3conf\, D:\webserver\htdocs\typo3temp\, D:\webserver\htdocs\uploads\
- Start the Windows command line as Administrator
- Execute the follwing commands (adjust paths to fit your installation):
mklink /J D:\webserver\htdocs\typo3_src C:\typo3_git mklink /J D:\webserver\htdocs\typo3 D:\webserver\htdocs\typo3_src\typo3 mklink /J D:\webserver\htdocs\t3lib D:\webserver\htdocs\typo3_src\t3lib mklink /H D:\webserver\htdocs\index.php D:\webserver\htdocs\typo3_src\index.php
- Use the Install Tool to complete the installation.
If you need more information on how to start or review a Change Request (RFC) or how to provide documentation, have a look at the according sections on Contribution Walkthrough with CommandLine.