warning - Message
<< Back to Extension manuals page
notice - Open Content License
The CoolURI extension is for getting nicer URLs within your TYPO3 installation.
What does it do?
It will transform all parameters and options to your favorite directory names.
For the users manual please have a look at the extension page for cooluri.
- First open the Extension Manager at the Admin tools section of TYPO3.
- Import cooluri extension online from repository or via upluad from a local filebase.
- Afterwards install the extension.
- Now cooluri should be listed as a 'loaded' extension.
- Furthermore your typo3conf/LocalConfiguration.php of TYPO3 should contain
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extListArray'] = '... ... ... cooluri'
cp CoolUriConf.xml_default CoolUriConf.xml
- Go to your TYPO3 installation directory
- cp _.htaccess .htaccess
- If you want to get access to some special directories (e.g. my_special) outside your TYPO3 CMS but within this path you must adjust the .htaccess like the following:
vi .htaccess ###RewriteRule ^(typo3|t3lib|tslib|fileadmin|typo3conf|typo3temp|uploads|showpic\.php|favicon\.ico)/ - [L] RewriteRule ^('''my_special'''|typo3|t3lib|tslib|fileadmin|typo3conf|typo3temp|uploads|showpic\.php|favicon\.ico)/ - [L]
- Extend your root-TypoScript
page.config.simulateStaticDocuments = 0 page.config.tx_cooluri_enable = 1 # my_basedomain page.config.baseURL = http://my_basedomain/ # optional: redirect old links to the new once page.config.redirectOldLinksToNew = 1
- Clear all caches of TYPO3
- Go to Admin tools / CoolURI
- Select 'Delete/Update all'
- Delete everythink and start again
- Now start testing and look afterwards at 'Cached links' which should contain a transformation matrix now.
- If your TYPO3 installation is in a subdirectory of the webserver and NOT in the root directory you must do the following additional task:
- Edit first your root-TypoScript and change
page.config.baseURL = http://my_basedomain/my_subdirectory/typo3/
- Go to 'Admin tools / CoolURI / New link'
- Enter URI like:
- Enter Parameters like:
- Mark 'Sticky (won't be updated)' as selected
- Save new URI
- Got to 'Cached links' and check if
my_subdirectory/typo3/ id=1is listed
- Now accessing your TYPO3 frontend (e.g. http://my_basedomain/my_subdirectory/typo3/) without adding 'index.php' should work.
- Hide some pathsegments of your template TYPO3 tree.
- Go to Template
- Select the entry to hide
- Edit page properties
- If Type is not 'Standard' select it temporary
- Now you can mark
Exclude this page from middle of a page path
- If necessary change your template type back to the original setting
- I don't know why this entry is not visible at a 'Shortcut' type!?!
- Clear cache
- Delete CoolURI data and start again