DocTeam/Online ReST Editor
This page is dedicated to work on an online editor for ReST manuals.
There are currently very few projects aiming to edit ReST documents online and most are dormant.
It currently lacks sphinx support, but a online tool might be a cool addition after moving to ReST.
The author now responded to the open ticket and said he will try to do it by the end of April.
Having sphinx support in the second half of the year would fit our schedule quite well...
There is a very interesting tool used by the Boost project documentation: http://en.highscore.de/cpp/boost/introduction.html
The script be downloaded here: http://www.highscore.de/liveedit.zip
The developer seems available for questions and discussing enhancements (NOTE: francois 17:35, 13 November 2010 (CET) - I have his contact and so does Karsten. It doesn't seem appropriate to put his e-mail address here).
Aims for the editor
- easy to set up user/role management
- possibility to define own workflows (inclusive control processes to assure high quality content)
- division between content, design, programming
- different views of entities (sorting from A to Z, sorting by themes, sorting by assets, sorting by persons, hierarchical sorting/ sorting by nodes)
- powerful search function
- WYSIWIG (is there a need of back* and frontend?)
- object orientated
- easy fittable to any additional interactive element
- high level of usability
- easy to find everything in a few seconds, high informational value for all roles (e.g. doc writer, doc controller and doc reader)
- strictly prevention of double content, prevention of not structured or tagged content, prevention of old and useless content
- standardized API to use with other systems, languages, formats
- versioning management with Subversion or Git
Members and People
| Robert (Lemke)
|| Aim to combine the TYPO3 CMS and Flow/Neos documentation in reST format|
| Francois (Suter)
|| francois / typo3.org
| Fabien (Udriot)
|| fabien.udriot / ecodev.ch
|| Online Tool: Evaluation, if a reST editor is usable for the TYPO3-documentation|
| Sabine (Hueber)
|| sabine.hueber / designeon.de
|| HTML/ CSS Design, Aims, Usability, defining the processes of usage|
| Tobias (Daur)
|| daur / so-nso.de
|| Usability tests, Aims|
| Susanne (Moog)
|| typo3 / susannemoog.de
|| Usability tests|
| Martin (Holtz)
|| Usability tests|
email: replace / with @