The fourth Extbase Codesprint 2012 is a community driven TYPO3 event for developers. The goal is to clean up the bugtracker (as usual) and get ready to provide new features (this means talking strategy, streamline the code and so on) in 6.1. It's organized by the Extbase Team.
How to participate?
You could either participate in person or by remote.
- Add yourself to the list of participants. Add the days you plan to come and if you plan to help by remote.
- Please choose a topic from the list to work on upfront! We will build up teams on thursday evening, so if you have another topic, please get in touch! Please don't just add topics yourself, because they will not be considered while planning the agenda.
- Drop us a note so that we can plan rooms, drinks, Breakfast and Dinner.
- The Team will - as usual - book rooms for all of us, so please don't book hotels yourself. If you are on the list by October 9, consider your room booked.
- Ask your company for sponsoring travel costs and/or working time or drop Felix a note, so he will get in touch with your boss. ;-)
The hashtag for the event is #ecs12hh
Date and Times
Thursday, Ocotber 11 - Sunday, October 14.
We will have a "gliding entrance" on thursday, so the room will be open all day for arrivals, setup and hacking. Felix will be there the whole day for questions and help. Thursday 5 p.m. will be the opening session. The teams will be presented, finalized and a short overview of the tasks will be given. Friday to sunday will be hacked quiet straight. Sunday afternoon we will present the results and do final reviews and merges.
Map and Location
Unfortunately we were not able to find a room to host us for four days. Thursday and Friday will take place in Hamburg Harbug. Do not fear, it's reachable with the subway right from your hotel. (The links here are Google Maps Links.)
Thursday and Friday during the day we can use the LIERMANN.Medien Conference room.
Kleiner Schippsee 13
Friday evening we will move to Lightwerk Hamburg and stay there for the rest of the weekend.
As usual, in your rooms there is no breakfast included (!) because there will be breakfast on-site.
Hotel yet to be announced
Code Sprint Topics/Goals
get ready for 6.0
this means provide as much bugfixes for existing tickets in the bugtracker as possible.
|Name||days on site||needs hotel room|
|Felix Oertel||Thursday, Friday, Sunday||yes|
|Anja Leichsenring||Thursday, Saturday, Sunday||yes|
|Stefan Neufeind||remote (mostly Friday/Saturday)||no|
|Markus Günther||all days||no|
|Marc Bastian Heinrichs||remote Friday||no|
|Alexander Schnitzler||ill but remote Sa and So||no|
|Nicole Cordes||Friday - Sunday||yes|
|you?||when?||need a bed?|
Accommodation will be organized and payed for by the Extbase team, so please don't book on your own, but get in touch with Felix.
- Thursday / Friday room for max. 10 persons at the LIERMANN . Medien office.
- Saturday / Sunday room for max. 18 participants at the Lightwerk Hamburg office. They also offered to sponsor drinks.
- Leichsenring, Anja (ab-softlab) sponsors our coffee needs ... again!
- TechDivision (TechDivision TYPO3 München) is sponsoring beer. Yay!
- Accommodation and Travelcosts are covered through the Extbase Codesprint Budget.
Please consider sponsoring Snacks (Chips, Sweets), Meals or travelcosts / paid time of your employees. Everything is nicely organized by the Extbase Team, so you don't have to worry and just to pay the bill. ;-)
If you like to participate or offer some sponsoring, just get in contact with: Felix or Anja.
Next Code Sprint
The next Extbase Code Sprint will be in Hamburg too, please check out ECS12HH2.