FAL Code Sprint 2013
The goal of this code sprint is to improve and finish the File Abstraction Layer (FAL) for the TYPO3 CMS 6.2 release.
- Provide a foundation for the DAM replacement "media" by making sure all necessary APIs are included in the TYPO3 Core.
- Fix bugs
- Improve and expand Unit and Functional Tests
- Improve Localization and Workspaces support
- Provide documentation for using and extending FAL
- Work on migrating from DAM to FAL
Dates and Location
- August 5th until August 8th (Monday to Thursday)
- Akademie der Wissenschaften und Literatur, Mainz
- Google Map for this Sprint
- Start on Monday: 12h00
- End on Thursday: around 16h
Read instructions on how to reach the Akademie in Mainz by car or by train.
On site: Ring at the entrance (Geschwister-Scholl-Str. 2, blue gate, opposite the tram station), turn right and walk through the garden to the main entrance. At the main entrance just ask for the "Mathematisch-Naturwissenschaftliche Klasse" where the code sprint will take place. We will also set up some signs to guide you. Anna's and Torsten's offices are on the same corridor (Rooms B1-43 and B1-44).
Hotel Hechenberg will be booked for the whole group. Please do not book hotels on your own!
Am Schinnergraben 82
Tel: +49 - 61 31 - 25 082-0
Fax: +49 - 61 31 - 25 082-305
|#||Name||days on site||needs hotel room||nights||comments|
|1||Ernesto Baschny||Mon, Tue||yes||-|
|2||Mathias Schreiber||Mon, Tue, Rest on demand||yes||I will try to share scenarios and stay as long as I'm helpful :)|
|3||Steffen Ritter||Tue, Wed, Thu||no (commuting)|
|4||Frans Saris||Mon, Tue, Wed||yes||2|
|5||Helmut Hummel||Tue, Wed, Thu||yes||2|
|6||Nicole Cordes||Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed||yes||2|
|7||Andreas Wolf||(Mon), Tue, Wed, Thu||yes||don't know if I'll be there on Monday; could take Ernesto's hotel room from Tue on|
|8||Oliver Hader||Tue, Wed||yes||1-2||might arrive in the evening of Monday already (by car)|
|9||Torsten Schrade||Mon, Wed, Thu||no||Besides sprint organisation i will try to help with documentation, share DAM > FAL use cases and think about FAL TypoScript implementation|
- Please add your name and the days you plan to participate
The TYPO3 Association can cover travel and accommodation expenses for all participants (through the TYPO3 CMS Budget = 4000).
- Locations and Infrastructure: Akademie der Wissenschaften und Literatur, Mainz
Food and beverage
Sponsoring pizza and drinks to keep the developers motivated is always highly appreciated:
- Drinks / Snacks
- Torsten Schrade and Anna Neovesky sponsored lunch on Monday as well as the drinks, beer, coffee, fruits, and a cake
- Dinner on Monday
- Pizza from Pizza Dato, sponsored by cron IT
- Lunch on Tuesday
- Thai food, sponsored by cron IT
- Dinner on Tuesday
- BBQ is sponsored by Mittwald CM Service
- Lunch on Wednesday
- Lunch is sponsored by Mittwald CM Service
- Dinner on Wednesday
- Dinner is sponsored by Mittwald CM Service
- Lunch on Thursday
- Lunch is sponsored by Torsten Schrade
Dinner & Lunch options
- Either in the garden of the Akademie or near the Rhine
- Pizza Dato (delivery) - http://pizzadato.de/
Options for Creative Breaks
- Sightseeing Tour
- Visit to a local winery
If you have questions, or if you like to participate or offer some sponsoring, just get in contact with Ernesto Baschny (ernesto dot baschny et typo3 dot org).
On-site organization is taken care by Torsten Schrade (Torsten dot Schrade et adwmainz dot de) and Anna Neovesky (Anna dot Neovesky et adwmainz dot de) from the Akademie der Wissenschaften und Literatur.
Thanks go to