<< Back to Installation manual
notice - This information is outdated
- 1 What already exists
- 2 Requirements
- 3 Step by step instructions
- 3.1 Download the latest Typo3_ebuild.tar.gz file _deprecated_
- 3.2 Download the last ebuild via rsync _new_
- 3.3 Optional: Integrated with rsync system _new_
- 3.4 Install gd
- 3.5 Install ImageMagick-4.2.9 _deprecated_
- 3.6 Install lang_php with gd support
- 3.7 Installing the TYPO3_src package
- 3.8 Install one package
- 3.9 Enable the TYPO3 Install Tool
- 3.10 Start apache and mysql
- 3.11 Using the 1-2-3 Install Tool
- 4 You're done!
What already exists
Manual to Install with webapp-config
Step by step instructions
It is recommended that you use a portage overlay in /etc/make.conf. If you have no portage overlay defined yet, add "PORTDIR_OVERLAY=/usr/local/portage" to make.conf and create the directory.
After this, create the directory:
mkdir -p /usr/local/portage
The overlay directory will not be touched by a "emerge sync" therefore it is a good place for ebuilds that are not in the official portage.
Download the latest Typo3_ebuild.tar.gz file _deprecated_
First check http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37465 for the latest ebuilds. Download the latest typo3_ebuild.tar.gz file, extract it to your portage overlay.
cd /usr/local/ tar xzfv /path/to/latest/typo3_ebuild.tar.gz
Download the last ebuild via rsync _new_
rsync -av mygentoo.dyndns.org::typo3 /path/to/your/portage_overlay
Optional: Integrated with rsync system _new_
Install package "gentoolkit-dev".
Edit/Create "/etc/gensync/typo3.syncsource" to contain the following:
id="typo3" description="typo3 Portage Overlay" rsync="rsync://mygentoo.dyndns.org::typo3" overlay="/path/to/your/portage_overlay"
Syncronize portage overlay:
Typo3 will be happy with a gd that has gif support. Also edit the /etc/make.conf file and search in the file for USE="...". Here you only need to add "gif" in this line. It is also nice to have "jpeg png truetype" in your USE="..." After this install gd with gif support with the command.
Install ImageMagick-4.2.9 _deprecated_
Now you can start the installation of ImageMagick-4.2.9 with:
Install lang_php with gd support
Since version 4.1.0 and higher PHP comes with a gd version. If you want to use an external gd version (and we will) you must add "gd-external" to your USE flags in make.conf. Also go ahead and add this to your make.conf. Build mod_php with external gd support by the following command.
Installing the TYPO3_src package
First of all you need to install the typo3_src package! If you have "~x86" in your make.conf you can use one of the following commands.
If ou don't have ~x86 in your make.conf.
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge typo3_src
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge =typo3_src-3.8.1
Now you also need to install the typo3_src to your vhost e.g. localhost Go on with the install of the typo3_src for your vhost with webapp-config
webapp-config -I --dir /temp --host localhost --virtual-dirs server-owned --virtual-files server-owned typo3_src 3.8.1
Install one package
Install one of typo3_dummy, typo3_testsite or typo3_quickstart. Emerge the package you need and install it with webapp-config to the directory you like.
webapp-config -I --dir / --host localhost --virtual-dirs server-owned --virtual-files server-owned typo3_quickstart 3.8.1
Enable the TYPO3 Install Tool
This will be done by the ebuild.
Start apache and mysql
If apache and mysql is not already started, do this now.
/etc/init.d/apache start /etc/init.d/mysql start
Using the 1-2-3 Install Tool
- Open a web-browser and go to http://www.yourserver.com/installed_dir/. The TYPO3 site should open with the 1-2-3 Install Tool.
- In the first step, you have to enter your MySQL user name, the password and the host name of the database server. Because it's all on the same machine, you should enter localhost as the host name.
- Step 2 you need to create a database. Enter a new name and click "Update localconf.php"
- Step 3 is for importing the data into the database. After doing that (select database.sql from the pull down and click on ?Import database«) you should click on ?Continue to configure TYPO3 (Recommended)« and proceed with this tutorial.
The last thing you have to do is to click on "1: Basic Configuration", scroll down and check if everything is successfully installed. In the middle of this page you will find one option "Search for ImageMagick:" with a field: "Check this path for ImageMagick installation:" here try the path for ImageMagick-4.2.9 (e.g. /usr/local/ImageMagick-4.2.9) and click send. After this update your locallang.conf and take a look at "4: All Configuration"
That's it. You should now have a working TYPO3 installation! You can start by logging in to the TYPO3-Back end of your installation with a web browser http://www.yourserver.com/typo3/htdocs/typo3/ with user:admin and password:password. Change this as soon as possible.