Git reference manuals
- "Git Reference" is a nice and handy online reference
Comprehensive introductions to Git
- gitimmersion.com is a comprehensive and amazing introduction to Git
- The excellent "Pro Git" book is publicly available and highly recommendent for in-depth Git knowledge.
Git for SVN Users
- As opposed to an svn checkout you will work with a full clone of a git repository. That means you have all branches, tags and the full history available in your clone (hidden in the .git directory). Your working directory will reflect master (former trunk), but switching to another branch is a very fast and common operation.
- The Introduction for users coming from Subversion will give you some overview about the different comands/concepts from svn and git.
The Glossary Page has guidance on all of the git terms