Label naming conventions
Language Labels in TYPO3 start with LLL: and are used to get text snippets inside PHP/TS code, without hardcoding them. This enables translations to other languages. The texts are saved in XML files and eacht text snippet is identified by it's label there.
- label should have one prefix and one identifier, separated by a dot. E.g. page.deleteButton, page.deleteReally, page.deleteSuccessful
- all parts have to use studlyCaps
- select your prefix to group all labels of one functionality together
- do not use prefixes like "button", "headline" and so one, use "page.deleteButtonCancel" instead
- start your identifier with the subfunction prefixed, if applicable
- use one file per module, if your labels are specific to this module
- place your labels in EXT:lang/locallang_misc.php, if they are general and could be used in other places, too
- be explicit, e.g. use "delete" instead of "rm"
You may adjust TYPO3's configuration to show language label paths in the backend.
TYPO3 7 and lower:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['lang']['debug'] = true;
TYPO3 8.7 and higher:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['languageDebug'] = true;
Please reference texts of TYPO3 Backend here, which have to be improved (only english texts!).
|Page module, when no page is selected, yet||