Neos Code Sprint January 2013
The Neos Code Sprint January 2013 is a community driven TYPO3 event for developers. The goal is to stabilize Neos and discuss next steps and a roadmap for the next releases. It is organized by the TYPO3 Neos team.
How to participate?
You could either participate in person or by remote.
- Add yourself to the list of participants. Add the days you plan to come and if you plan to help by remote.
- Suggest a topic you'd like to work on, if you don't feel comfortable with the topics from the list.
- Ask your company for sponsoring travel costs and/or working time.
The hashtag for the event is #typo3neos
Date and Time
January 29. afternoon (tuesday) — January 31. afternoon (thursday)
Arrival: January 28. afternoon (monday)
Map and Location
Braunstraße 1, 23552 Lübeck, Tyskland https://plus.google.com/106527913962909121867/about?gl=dk&hl=da
Code Sprint Topics/Goals
Please provide your name as a reference
- Planning of further work (Sebastian) Neos_Code_Sprint_January_2013/Work_Packages
- discuss naming annoyances, finalize namings of settings, node types, TypoScript
- discuss finally establishing Friendly Ghost and also rotative release management (Robert)
- discuss / agree upon a release cycle for Flow and Neos (Robert)
- take portrait photo of every participant (for website, release banners etc.) and take more pictures of actual work etc.
High Level Goals (Robert)
- steps for improving visibility of the project and be more inviting for contributions
- team culture hacks: what is it and what can we improve?
- mission statement for Neos and Flow respectively
- feature set for minimum viable product (aka 1.0 stable release)
- get the renaming / rebranding project done done (for Neos and Flow at least)
- neos-based blog for www.neos.io
Please add your name and the days you plan to participate
- Aske Ertmann, 28. afternoon — 31. afternoon
- Mattias Nilsson, 28. afternoon — 31. afternoon
- Christian Jul, 28. afternoon — 31. afternoon
- Søren Malling, 29. afternoon — 31. afternoon
- Sebastian Kurfürst, 28. night — 1. morning
- Markus Goldbeck, 28 20:00 - 31. afternoon
- Marc Neuhaus, 28. afternoon — 31. afternoon
- Karsten Dambekalns, away Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday forenoon :/
- Bastian Waidelich, 28./20. - 31. afternoon
- Robert Lemke, 24/7 :)
- Andreas Förthner, 28 20:00 - 31. afternoon
- Christian Müller, until 01.morning
- Patrick Broens, 28. afternoon - 01. morning
- Rens Admiraal, 28. afternoon - 01. morning
- Christopher Hlubek, Wednesday (whole day)
- Jürgen Egeling
- Ben van 't Ende, Thursday
The work location and accommodation are covered already (thanks to the TYPO3 Association, http://association.typo3.org/), but we could make good use of sponsorships for food and drinks. We have to cover the following ~15 people:
- Lunch Tuesday - kindly sponsored by Simon Browning, http://www.seethroughweb.com/
- Dinner Tuesday - kindly sponsored by apimenti, http://apimenti.com.br/
- Lunch Wednesday - kindly sponsored by github, http://github.com/
- Dinner Wednesday - kindly sponsored by MOC, http://moc.net/
- Lunch Thursday - kindly sponsored by github, http://github.com/
And of course:
- Coffee - kindly sponsored by jweiland.net, http://jweiland.net/
If you like to participate or offer some sponsoring, just get in contact with: Karsten Dambekalns (karsten_at_typo3_dot_org)