<< Back to Extension manuals page
The Newloginbox extension was probably the most used Frontend user login box of TYPO3. But since TYPO3 4.2 this extension is deprecated and has therefore now the status obsolete. The reason is that the login-functions of newloginbox and a lot of enhancements (especially redirecting) have been integrated into the core as system-extension 'felogin'. The userlisting-part has been put into a separate new extension 'feuserlisting', available from TER. Newloginbox has been initially developed by Kasper. Because of the obsolete-status it isn't being maintained anymore with the exception of security-fixes and language-enhancements. See also release-notes of 4.2.
This wiki-page is being updated to the current facts.
Please report bugs of Newloginbox to the TYPO3 bug tracker at forge.typo3.org (project extension>newloginbox).
See the Wishlist page.
Freqently Asked Questions (FAQ)
We have put all Freqently Asked Questions here
- Stefan Strasser <strada at stradax.net>
- Newsgroup "typo3.projects.newloginbox" on news://news.typo3.org (getting unsupported)
The subversion-project of newloginbox has been deleted after stating the extension as obsolete.
Curently we are working on the following tasks.
New XHTML template
We have got a new XHTML template from Typoheads which have to be tested before implementing it. Read more in the Newloginbox/Xhtmltemplate wiki page.
We are looking at different ways of redirecting after login/logout. Look at the Login page for extensions to discuss for integration.
The manual should be rewritten/updated and more modern. We have started this task on the Newloginbox/Manual page.
This is a huge task. We plan to start with listing all login related extensions (look at the Login page) and see if any of them can/should be integrated. The next step would then be to have an discussion on which extensions to implement and how to do it.
Here you see a short description for each Newloginbox release from 3.0.0 and forward. For more details, see the release notes pages or take a look in the ChangeLog.
- Upcoming release: This is what´s going on...
- Release 3.0.1: Bugfixes and corresponding updates to the manual.
- Release 3.0.0: Notes also include older releases.
Here's a list of the Newloginbox extension members:
|Ingmar Schlecht||<ingmar at typo3.org>||x||Coordinates who gets SVN access, reviews patches written by others|
|Stefan Strasser||<strada at stradax.net>||x||Currently the most active developer, owns the newloginbox extension in TER|
|Brice Bernard||<contact at brikou.com>||x||He was once the project coordinator|
|Sebastian Roth||<sebastian.roth at c-qube.com||x||He'd like to make some improvments to newloginbox|
An "x" in the SVN column means he/she has got write access to the Newloginbox SVN.
- Commerce Shop Extension This extension use an 1:N relation for addresses and included an own addressmanagement, which should be part of the Party Information Framework.
- Enhanced Rights Management - a pear class for a RBAC / Role Based Access Control.
- Inline Relational Record Editing - 1:n relations for BackEnd-Forms -- Oliver Hader
- Newloginbox development coordination - Ingmar Schlecht and Stefan Strasser
The User list plugin (pi3) of Newloginbox is related to the Party Framework. If the Party Framework will ship with a user listing plugin, the pi3 of Newloginbox wouldn't be needed any more.
- Users Addresses - relations between fe_user and tt_address, best practice discussion - Elmar Hinz
- dkd_feuser_belogin - relation between fe_user and be_user