<< Back to the Newloginbox page
notice - This information is outdated
Author: Kasper Skårhøj / Peter Kindström
What does it do?
This is an alternative to the good old login box. This version features a little more functionality, including success/error messages, cookie check, forgot password feature etc.
Actually there is two plugins in this extension so you also get a user listing plugin as well.
After installing the extension on your TYPO3 system you will find two plugins added in the content elements plugin list. Further a static template newloginbox will be added globally to your TypoScript templates.
This is the login screen of typo3.org:
In the backend it is extremely easy to enter custom messages for the plugin:
... and here the "forgot password" feature:
There is also a plugin for listing, browsing and searching the current users:
... and for each user you can click the username and get details:
Shortly how to configure the extension
- Install the extension via the extension manager.
- Create a user folder where all users are stored that shall be able to login via newloginbox.
- Create some dummy users for testing.
- Create an advanced page and choose from the page point "General Record Storage page:" the page id that stores the user data.
- The extension should work fine.
NOTE: The storage pid "PID of user archive" that is available in the Constant Editor "CONTENT" has no meaning to this extension anymore (As I have experienced).