Overview Extension manuals
- 1 Overview
- 2 Extension documentation
- 3 Extensions in progress
- 4 Wanted Extensions
- 5 Extensions misc
- 6 Testing extension
- 7 Extension template
- 8 GPL-incompatible extensions (to be removed from TER)
- 9 Connecting / Integrating / Combining - "Get it together and inspire to share"
- Extension manuals can be found either in the TYPO3 Extension Repository or at docs.typo3.org (click on "Extension Manuals" in the left column, under "Documentation").
- Overview of Calendar extensions
- Overview of Login extensions
- Bananas - Simple guestbook plus lib/div tutorial Part 2 - Elmar Hinz
- danp_feajax Ajax Framework - Daniel Pötzinger
- dh_linklayout Different Linklayout
- Direct Mail - Sophisticated direct mail/newsletter system
- rlmp_eventdb Events database
- Extended Calendar - Alexander Langer (see also: Overview of Calendar Extensions)
- jm_gallery gallery
- Goof Photobook
- rggooglemap Google map
- Google Sitemap - Nick Weisser
- dd_googlesitemap Google Sitemap Dmitry Dulepov
- Newloginbox - Ingmar Schlecht, Stefan Strasser
- Page StyleSheet Selector
- photobook Easy to use photobook
- tipafriend Tip A Friend
- tm_asinsearch Amazon product listing
- tt_news News Extension - Rupert Germann
- tt_products Shop System - Franz Holzinger
- TIMTAW - TYPO3 Is More Than A Wiki (last update: 2005)
- TIMTAB - TYPO3 Is More Than A Blog (last update: 2006)
- vimeovideo – Vimeo Video content element
- youtubevideo – YouTube Video content element
Extensions in progress
- Development of a new eCommerce system
- Current default RTE based on HTMLArea: HTMLArea RTE (rtehtmlarea)
- Alternative RTE based on TinyMCE TinyRTE
- Knowledgebase extension - additions to MOC Knowledgebase (moc_articles) or additons to tt_news
- Developement of a new scalable and flexible RSS Newsfeed (export) extension
- Formidable : Form-application framework
- Contagged: an extension to parse, tag and replace terms in a text of a content element.
- L10NMGR: Providing support for prof. translation tools. Kasper Skårhøj, Andreas Otto, Daniel Zielinski.
- Community: Providing basic community functionality as a T3 Plugin, Michael Knoll
- See the TYPO3 Extension Wishlist
- A page about comparing extensions with similar functions
- Extensions which should be merged into the TYPO3 core
- Top ten features request for Indexed Search Engine (indexed_search)
- Extension of the Year Contest
Please read Code samples for extensions for extra pointers when programming extensions.
If you have any experience with a particular extension, please leave a note here.
Testing means taking note of what we have done. The testing notes are a kind of review of the extension. It's in between the FAQ, and the documentation. Of course, testing notes can be taken to complete the extension manual, if any. They are just here to be more simple than writing an extension manual from scratch.
- Extension full name (extension_key)
- RealURL: URLs like normal websites (realurl)
- CCDevLog (cc_devlog)
- Logging extension for developper, implement t3lib_div::devlog()
- News: Extension for displaying and managing news (tt_news)
- drecomm Form maker
Here is the Template for extension manuals.
Use it like this:
- Follow the link above
- Edit the page
- Copy all content (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C or similar)
- Go back to this page and add a link to your new extension
* [[Ext/extension_key|Exension name]] - ''Short description of the extension''
- Click this new link
- Paste in the new template content
Now you have a skeleton for your extension manual. Please use the ChangeLog part for notes about the extension/manual progress and the "Discuss" wiki page for discussions about the extension. For more information about the workflow, see the Documentation workflow page.
You can find all templates at the TYPO3 templates repository.
GPL-incompatible extensions (to be removed from TER)
General information / motivation
By registering an extension key you accept that all content uploaded to TER (TYPO3 Extension Repository) matches these terms: * Published under the GPL license or GPL compatible * You hold the copyright of the code or do not infringe the rights of others (meaning that work from others must be under GPL or GPL compatible already) Any extensions found to break these terms will be removed without further notice by the webmaster team.
For a list of GPL-compatible licenses, consult http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses
Why extensions are GPL
Browse around, look into the categories, dive into the manuals and enjoy the beauty of an ordered bazaars unified efforts to bring the most powerful collection of CMS tools to you - for free under the GPL license!
> The official extension repository only consists of freely available extensions.
Solutions / Workaroundspackage_manager makes that for you and allows you to specifiy a different license. This way the user has to approve the License and knows exactly what's allowed and what not.
You can find a good example in the extension fdfx_yaml.
Maybe this functionality will be integrated into the extMgm later on.
Extensions which potentially violate the GPL
Please take a look at the examples below how to format the extension list.
|Extension Key||non GPL compatible Licenses used||Notes (Changes/Alternatives)|
|media_center||CC - noncommercial|
|ssch_simpleviewer||free to use - no source - no redistribution|
|st_flashslideshow||no manual - comment: needs license|
|ods_jwplayer_media||CC by-nc-sa 3.0 - no manual||JW Player is now included using package manager -> fits gpl now|
|flvplayer2||FlowPlayer / JW Player|
How to connect TYPO3 with other Web Applications?
The Free and Open Source Solution for the Civic Sector
CiviCRM is a free, libre and open source software constituent relationship management solution. CiviCRM is web-based, internationalized, and designed specifically to meet the needs of advocacy, non-profit and non-governmental groups. (civicrm.org)
CK-ERP is an open source accounting / educational / MRP / ERP / CRM system that runs on top of multiple middlewares. It provides multi-currency, multi-ledger, multi-warehouse accounting and back office functionalities to SMEs. It provides fine-grained access control security and supports multilingual operation.
It comprises 32 modules - Contact Management, Customer Relationship Management, Customer Self Service, Vendor Relationship Management, Material Requirement Planning, Warehouse, Inventory, Service, Accounting Ledger, Bank Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchase Order, Sales Order, Quotation, POS for Cashier, POS for Manager, Human Resources, Staff Self Service, Payroll, Administration, Internationalization, Access Control, Data Import, Teacher, Counsellor, Student, Applicant, Family, Registrar, Edu Administration and Volunteer Management.
Operating platform can either be LAMP or LAPP. Backend database engine can be anyone of MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite. (ck-erp.org)
Open Source Video Solutions for Any Site - Kaltura Video Platform Community Edition
Full featured open source video platform running on your own servers or cloud. (kaltura.org)
The World’s Fastest Growing eCommerce Platform (magentocommerce.com)
Mahara is an open source e-portfolio system with a flexible display framework.
Mahara, meaning 'think' or 'thought' in Te Reo Māori, is user centred environment with a permissions framework that enables different views of an e-portfolio to be easily managed. Mahara also features a weblog, resume builder and social networking system, connecting users and creating online learner communities. (mahara.org)
Moodle is a Course Management System (CMS), also known as a Learning Management System (LMS) or a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
It is a Free web application that educators can use to create effective online learning sites. (moodle.org)
Open Source Shopping Cart System OXID eShop Community Edition. (oxid-esales.com)
Breakthrough Ad Serving Technology (openx.org)
Piwik is a downloadable, open source (GPL licensed) real time web analytics software program.
It provides you with detailed reports on your website visitors: the search engines and keywords they used, the language they speak, your popular pages… and so much more.
Piwik aims to be an open source alternative to Google Analytics. (piwik.org)
PrestaShop is the first E-Commerce project to be granted the Open-Source Award.
PrestaShop is the fastest, the lightest, and the most progressive Open Source e-commerce software. (prestashop.com)
More Leads. More Sales. More Customers.
SugarCRM helps companies communicate with prospects, share sales information, close deals and keep customers happy. (sugarcrm.com)
vtiger CRM is a free, full-featured, 100% Open Source CRM software ideal for small and medium businesses, with low-cost product support available to production users that need reliable support. (vtiger.com)
WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. (wordpress.org)
Zen-Cart is a downloadable, open source (GPL licensed) eCommerce program.
It is fast, reliable/stable, secure and has a great community.
The English community: zen-cart.com
The German community: zen-cart.at