Translations
Info
All page names need to be in English.
en da  de  fr  it  ja  km  nl  ru  zh

SemanticTeam/Meetings

From TYPO3Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
This page belongs to the Semantic Team (category SemanticTeam)

Semantic Team Meeting Minutes 2011-06-28

Attendees

Fabien Udriot, Thomas Maroschik, Andreas Wolf, Sebastian Kreideweiß, [Please add your names]

SPRINT REVIEW

Fabien Udriot

✔ Make Erfurt store data in ext:taxonomy :) Not final integration but encouraging results.

✔ Email to Ben


Thomas Maroschik

✔ Helped Fabien to set up an Erfurt environment ;)

✔ Added Andreas to the Contributors List of Erfurt

☠ Forgot about the rest…

Andreas Wolf

✔ Created a (rudimentary) in-memory store for Erfurt

➜ working on a triple export of TYPO3 data structures (TCA). Goal: export data structure and data as triples

➜ after that: get import of Ontologies working with the experience gained from exporting

Sebastian Kreideweiß

✔ introduced myself in Erfurt lib

TODO NEXT SPRINT

Fabien Udriot

➜ Carry on the integration of Erfurt in ext:taxonomy

Thomas Maroschik

➜ Bind Erfurt into ext:semantic and make it usable for the workshop

Sebastian Kreideweiß

➜ Ideas for an example extension



Semantic Team Meeting Minutes 2011-06-28

Attendees

Fabien Udriot, Thomas Maroschik, Andreas Wolf, Sebastian Kreideweiß, [Please add your names]

SPRINT REVIEW

Fabien Udriot

✔ Make Erfurt store data in ext:taxonomy :) Not final integration but encouraging results.

✔ Email to Ben

Thomas Maroschik

✔ Helped Fabien to set up an Erfurt environment ;)

✔ Added Andreas to the Contributors List of Erfurt

☠ Forgot about the rest…

Andreas Wolf

✔ Created a (rudimentary) in-memory store for Erfurt

➜ working on a triple export of TYPO3 data structures (TCA)

  goal: export data structure and data as triples

➜ after that: get import of Ontologies working with the experience gained from exporting

Sebastian Kreideweiß

✔ introduced myself in Erfurt lib

TODO NEXT SPRINT

Fabien Udriot

➜ Carry on the integration of Erfurt in ext:taxonomy

Thomas Maroschik

➜ Bind Erfurt into ext:semantic and make it usable for the workshop

Minutes Meeting 2011-06-07

Attendees

Fabien Udriot (FUD), Jochen Rau (JRA), Thomas Maroschik (TMA), Sebastian Kreideweiß (SKR), Sebastian Kurfürst (SKU)

LAST SPRINT REVIEW

Jochen Rau

ℹ currently attending the SemTech in San Francisco (http://semtech2011.semanticweb.com)

✔ Worked on the annotation feature for RTE (clients project): terms can be tagged with RDFa and get parsed by EXT:contagged now

➜ prepare talk for T3CON11SF about (upcoming) Semantic Web features in TYPO3

➜ submit a fixed a bug in core related to HTMLcleaner

➜ follow discussion about schema.org

➜ write an blog article on t3n about SemTech

➜ get RDFa tagging in RTE done done

➜ port RDFa tagging feature to EXT:semantic


Sebastian Kurfürst

ℹ has a diploma thesis about integrating RDF in FLOW3. This spans the following topics:

✔ implemented basic RDF classes from "RDF Interfaces" specification from W3C

✔(prototype) map domain objects to RDF classes

✔(prototype) export domain objects as RDF (N3), following linked data best practices

✔(prototype) output RDFa if Domain Objects are displayed in a fluid template

✔(prototype) Export all domain objects to a quad store (currently 4store)

✔(prototype) Outbound links: It is possible to link back to the LOD cloud. f.e. when a text field contains a place, it automatically gets an autocompleter added which searches f.e. DBPedia for places. Then, interlinks to DBPedia are automatically generated.

✔(prototype) very rudimentary, half-baked version of Provenance support (VOID vocabulary of W3C)

✔ current status of my diploma thesis work can be found at https://github.com/skurfuerst/Semantic (pre-alpha, not yet for public consumption ;-) )

➜ continue with semi-automatic annotation of longer texts, f.e. using OpenCalais. This will be the main topic of my work.

➜ this will also hopefully yield an answer for me personally about "What is Semantic Content Management"


Thomas Maroschik

  • Continued on Erfurt Refactoring / Semantic Integration
  • Finished the configuration refactoring to yaml/whatever sources and configuration manager
  • Replaced many parts of the framework with backports of flow3, so that the framework is standalone usable but also with typo3 v4 and v5
  • Have to continue on caching/auth/auth implementation
  • Got the basic triple/quad store at least working without auth/auth, yesterday


Fabien Udriot

✔ integrate the layout on http://semantic.typo3.org/ (Yeah!) :) wohoo

☠ trying to find a solution with the triple store. Erfurt Library is too alpha currently. Probably, needs an "old" school SQL tripple store...

➜ would need some help (I use to remember a sketch of a database model on the black board at the t3scb)


Sebastian Kreideweiß

ℹ will go to I-SEMANTICS, 7th International Conference on Semantic Systems, 7 – 9 September 2011, messecongress|graz, Austria


TODO NEXT SPRINT

  • Ask Oliver about the participation of non-core members on the core meeting before t3dd and submeetings
  • Add some content on the website for the DDs



Minutes Meeting 2011-05-24

Attendees

Fabien Udriot (FUD), Jochen Rau (JRA), Thomas Maroschik (TMA), Andreas Wolf (AWO), Sebastian Kreideweiß (SKR)

LAST SPRINT REVIEW

Jo

  • The tagpack project that has been planned for this month is on hold due to some legal issues we have to settle with the client. Currently it seems that we won't do it in the near future, which removes some restrictions from the development process, since we don't have to care too much about their individual needs.
  • Thought about a proposal for a T3DD11 workshop since the deadline will be tomorrow:

Fabien

  • Worked on the taxonomy BE module and have more or less all ExtJS bricks needed :) Code can be check out
  • Will need to discuss with Thomas (and other) what is the best strategy to store the data at this stage.

Tom

  • Finally managed it to set up the common Erfurt repo (thx to Sebastian Tramp)
  • Merged my changes on this new Repo http://github.com/AKSW/Erfurt/tree/feature/typo3v4
  • Got the official RDF Interfaces from Sebastian Kurfürst and began to integrate them into ext:semantic/erfurt
  • Basic storing should be working now (but has to be tested extensively, the supplied unit tests are very "basic")

Andreas

  • Coding phase for GSoC started yesterday
  • dug into Protege and several Ontologies the last days
  • defined some preliminary goals for my GSoC project (without specific order):
    • developers can create domain objects directly from Ontologies (in the Extension Builder)
      • let's discuss that, in my opinion current domain objects aren't flexible enough
      • I don't mean "domain objects" in the Extbase sense, not neccessarily ;-)
    • create an Ontology of TYPO3
    • domain objects can be supplied independent of an Extension (Domain Object Repository)
    • TCA supports storing additional meta information about the semantic meaning of fields
    • edit forms can be designed inside the Extension Builder

Sebastian (SKR)

  • step into some ExtJS examples for BE taxonomy module (http://examples.extjs.eu/)
  • will get in touch with Fabien to discuss the route

Jochen

  • put the proof-of-concept of a pure Semantic TYPO3 on hold in favour of some work on a clients project and Extbase performance improvements
  • had a TelCo with Andreas
  • worked on a RTE integration for tagging terms (for a client) -> could be ported to EXT:semantic

TODO NEXT SPRINT

  • T3DD11 workshop? Currently the idea is to give an overview what's going on in the 3 different teams for about 1 or 2 hours and then switch to a discussion to get input from the future users of the system - to make this possible we will need at least one person per team (preferrably the team leaders) in Sursee so that we can do a Q&A session as well - and we have to make sure to do a presentation that will not overwhelm the audience so that they are not able to ask any questions anymore ;-)
  • I will send the proposal to Thomas unless anyone complains :-)

maybe everyone should setup a foaf profile with foafpress(http://foafpress.org/) by himself like sebastian (http://sebastian.kurfuerst.eu and http://tmaroschik.dfau.de) to write his very first rdf document on his own, and to build up a social semantic network

Jochen

Who will be at the DevDays?

  • Andreas: yes
  • Tom: i think too
  • Fabien
  • Joey
  • Jochen

Andreas' preliminary time schedule for his GSoC project

  • 24th March–5th June
    • get familiar with Javascript and Protege (or other Ontology editor tools)
    • define which information from an Ontology could be stored where
    • create an Ontology of TYPO3 as it currently is
  • 6th June–20th June
    • get familiar with Javascript
    • create infrastructure for storing and using Ontologies in Ext. Builder (Ontology representation etc.)
  • 21th June–5th July
    • create User Interface for browsing Ontologies and selecting entities

Minutes Meeting 2011-05-10

Attendees

Fabien Udriot (FUD), Jochen Rau (JRA), Thomas Maroschik (TMA), Sebastian Kreideweiß (SKR), Michael Martin (AKSW), Norman Heino (AKSW), Sebastian Tramp (AKSW)

LAST SPRINT REVIEW

Sebastian Kreideweiß

  • studying Jochens book Extbase and Fluid for BE taxonomy module
  • focussing on examples like Recycler, new Powermail BE module with the new concept for BE taxonomy module
  • playing around with some ExtJS tuts

Fabien

  • some infrastructure task: setting up the ML
  • worked on the website: design mockup
  • good progress on the BE taxonomy module (there is the working frame to build up features)

Thomas

  • Attended the Leipziger Semantic Web Tag on May 5 2011
  • started some collaborative process with the Erfurt API guys
  • Finished porting large parts of Erfurt
  • Applied all changes made to Erfurt to their git repo on github
  • Sumup see below

Jo

  • Didn't manage to do too much, since I had to do some "family business" the last two weeks
  • Tagpack next stage is in the final phase now, hopefully the project will be booked by the client next week

Jochen

  • discussed our strategy with Tim Berners-Lee
    • quite positive feed-back
    • problems remaining: access controlled sub-graphs (His solution is to put all the RDF data in a file and set permissions on the file level. He also defines "workspaces" in a way we use group permissions)
    • showed me some good vocabularies to describe the domain of a CMS
  • worked on the proof-of-concept of a pure Semantic TYPO3
    • basic setup works now
    • a graph stored as RDF gets directly rendered as HTML+RDFa without having to define or generate classes upfront
  • had two 1 hour skype TelCos with Andreas (I am his mentor for the GSoC project)
  • did some testing in EXT:identity
  • wasn't able to finish the "white paper" for the semantic.typo3.org, yet
  • slides from the las cambridge semantic web meetup http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2550688/2011-04-12%20cambridge%20semweb.pdf


TODO NEXT SPRINT

Sebastian Kreideweiß

  • Going on with implementing concrete features for BE taxonomy module for T3 v4.5.2

Fabien

  • Will work more particularly on the tree (add new node)

Thomas

  • Writing custom typo3 adapters for triple store, sparql, etc
  • Writing an extension manager integration for extension models / ontologies
  • Further refactoring of Erfurt and overall definition of public API
  • Creating a erfurt API website together with the guys from AKSW
  • Write a news article for the website about the collaboration

Jo

  • Send an abstract to the organizers of the T3DD11
  • We will need a 4 x 45 min workshop for presentation of the progress made by the different extensions and Q&A / feedback by the users

Jochen

  • I am going to attend the Cambridge Semantic Group Meeting today
  • Work on three articles for the webpage:
    • Identity in DDD and the Semantic Web
    • Semantic TYPO3 White Paper
    • TYPO3 is a Duck (duck-typing TYPO3) -> on my blog
  • Work on the proof-of-concept
    • generic content rendering depending upon the context (= request, time, current DOM node, position in the graph)
    • dynamic template dispatching (find the right template snippet for the data)


Sumup of the AKSW meeting on May 5 2011, Leipzig (posted by Thomas)


On last thursday I talked to the guys from the university of Leipzig (the maintainers of Erfurt API). The Result is, that we agreed on a collaborative process on the Erfurt API between TYPO3 and Ontowiki. I told them that we have to discuss this also in our team (wanted to do this tomorrow) but from my point this could be a great opportunity.

Further I can tell our whole team that the Erfurt API is a huge benefit for TYPO3. There is any stable and recently maintained API for RDF, Semantic Web and Triple Stores out there beside. They already did some great work on this, but they started with a lack of knowledge regarding PHP, Design Patterns and Architecture. So obviously I started refactoring the library to our needs.

During the talks agreed upon the following points:

  • There will be at least 4 branches of the project: Ontowiki, TYPO3 v4, TYPO3 v5 and standalone
  • We will keep the library of the projects in a single git repository on github. By that we can easily merge changes
  • We have all freedom inside our implementation/branch
  • On some point in time the Ontowiki team want to switch to our refactored PHP 5.3 compatible branch
  • The will register an own domain for the project and redirect it to github
  • Our common efforts shall be promoted on the frontpage of the github and aksw project page
  • How we handle the dependencies or if we translate the erfurt to semantic namespace needs to be discussed in our team
  • Release a standalone library that could help other projects to integrate semantic web features or provide a standalone sparql endpoint

This brings us and them several benefits:

Our benefits are:

  • Manpower and deep theoretical understanding of the whole semantic web topic
  • They have students from time to time, which do their master/bachelor thesis upon the API (and implement new features)
  • Support when dealing with tricky implementation techniques
  • Potentially new features
  • We aren't build yet another ivory tower
  • Content Exchange
  • Keeping the code "alive"
  • Some good contacts to people in the semantic web community

Their benefits are:

  • Exponentially more users and by that more people filing issues and patches
  • Feedback regarding the usability of the API
  • Support regarding architectural topics
  • Potentially new features
  • Content Exchange
  • Keeping the code "alive"

Sure there could be even more points on this lists, but I think this is enough. All in all I think there is great potential for very interesting projects upon this collaboration, one example could be an Ontowiki based intranet page that seamlessly reads and writes TYPO3 internet content and vice versa.


Minutes Meeting 2011-04-26

Attendees

Fabien Udriot (FUD), JoH Asenau (JAS), Jochen Rau (JRA), Thomas Maroschik (TMA), Sebastian Kreideweiß (SKR)


LAST SPRINT REVIEW

Jochen

  • became the Goole Summer of Code mentor of Andreas
  • gave a presentation at the W3C about our approach to make TYPO3 a "Semantic CMS"
  • worked on http://semantic.typo3.org, but t ran out of time (had to prepare my presentation)
  • discussed the startegy with Sebastian Kurfürst, he will do his master thesis on that topic
  • rewritten TYPO3 Core in Clojure and got TYPO3 running on RDF/SPARQL ;-)

Fabien

Tom


Jo

  • Finalized the offer for VW financial services to lift tagpack & co. to the next level
  • Planned the new version so that it will match 4.5/4.6 (development is going to start until end of May)
  • Tagging will be available for News, Calbase, Pages and Default CEs out of the box

Sebastian (Kreideweiß)

  • Joined to EXT-taxonomy story in forge
  • Goal: developing a release for the BE module until July to meet the goal in my MSc course and maybe TYPO3 4.6. release

TODO NEXT SPRINT

Jochen

  • I am invited to the regular W3C meeting (it's takes place today)
  • writing down our strategy on semantic.typo3.org
  • I will continue working on a proof-of-concept that TYPO3 can run on RDF/SPARQL in all aspects
  • I will attend http://semtech2011.semanticweb.com/

Tom

All Collect ideas for one ore more workshop(s) at T3DD11 in Sursee Switzerland Put some effort on making semantic.typo3.org really a great resource (introduction to Sem Web, demo of our features already implemente)

Minutes Meeting 2011-04-12

Attendees

Fabien Udriot (FUD), Jochen Rau (JRA), Thomas Maroschik


LAST SPRINT REVIEW

Jochen

  • mainly preparing some good examples of Semantic Content
  • I gave a presentation about TYPO3 and Semantic Web at the Valley Web Developer Summit here in Western Massachusetts. The participants were very interested in the Semantic Web topic.

Fabien

  • started some implementation of taxonomy (GUI) First screenshot here dev.semantic.typo3.org/sem.png
  • decided to go the way extension "category" does as a first step

Tom

  • been digging deeper into Erfurt Triple Store
  • stumbled upon handling of ACL
  • evaluated not to take Erfurt, but to fork our very own Triple Store
    • integrated ACL into the Backend are very nice
    • Extbase doesn't have real ACL handling right now
    • Erfurt offers much what we need
    • but requires also many parts from zend, that we don't need
  • organize a semantic web workshop for marketing and management in nuremberg in june/july with www.nik-nbg.de


TODO NEXT SPRINT

Fabien

  • continue the GUI development but will be slow down by the t3o participation

Tom

  • need do develop a system ontology for TYPO3
    • Users, Groups, Pages, etc…

Jochen

  • today, I will set up some content on http://semantic.typo3.org
  • prepare the presentation for the Cambridge Semantic Web Group
  • finally, put a first version of a roadmap on http://semantic.typo3.org
  • write a blog post about "Identity in DDD, and the Semantic Web"
  • write a blog post about "Examples of Semantic Content Elements"
  • give feed-back on EXT:identity

Minutes Meeting 2011-03-29

Attendees

Fabien Udriot (FUD), Andreas Wolf (AWO), JoH Asenau (JAS), Jochen Rau (JRA), Thomas Maroschik, Rens Admiraal

Notes

Fabien Udriot

Jochen Rau

Thomas Maroschik

  • started work on the triple store and integration of the Erfurt Library
  • is looking forward to talk to someone regarding EXT:identity
  • semantic.typo3.org/fileadmin/user_upload/images/logo/TYPO3_semantic_team_logo.png

Andreas Wolf

  • didn't really do anything directly Semantic-related, but...
  • ... worked on TCEforms widget concept
  • trying to get a chance to write my study thesis in a semantic/TYPO3/TCEforms-related topic (together with a GSoC project)

Jo Hasenau

  • Planned the next version of tagpack together with a client / sponsor

TODO

Fabien Udriot

  • Start seriously the development of story: forge.typo3.org/issues/14080 (first priority)

Jochen Rau

  • Add some more real world SPARQL examples to my blog and to the semantic.typo3.org page
  • Work on the RDFa tagging configuration
  • Work on the SPARQL Query Object Model to be able to write queries programmatically(erfurt has a sparql parser, maybe you can get inspiration from this)

Thomas Maroschik

  • elaborate further erfurt integration (@see semantic/branches/statement_store)

Jo Hasenau

  • Will start working on the tagpack again, since there will be a client project that depends on tagpack being adapted to work properly in a 4.5 environment with latest tt_news and cal
  • Will try to switch tagpack to a generic triple storage when available (shouldn't be an issue, because RDBs are like triples PrimaryKey->Column->FieldValue)

IDEAS FOR THE WEBSITE

  • White paper from Jochen
  • Blog entry from Jochen (again ;)
  • Diagram from Thomas semantic.typo3.org/fileadmin/user_upload/images/Semantic-web-stack.png
  • semantic.typo3.org/fileadmin/user_upload/images/logo/TYPO3_semantic_team_logo.png
  • install EXT:semantic with some of the SPARQL examples


Skype Meeting 2011-03-15

Attendees

Fabien Udriot (FUD), Andreas Wolf (AWO), JoH Asenau (JAS), Jochen Rau (JRA), Thomas Maroschik, Rens Admiraal

Notes

Jochen Rau

  • simplified the extension "semantic" by getting rid of unnecessary classes
  • not yet finished with the documentation
  • SPARQL client
  • no "triple store", yet

Thomas Maroschik

  • would like to face the challange to integrate a nice statement store with Jochen into the semantic extension
  • finished my identity extension, which is a more general approach to the uuid topic
  • has to be tested extensively and documentation has to be written

Fabien Udriot

Next steps

  • finalize "semantic" (SPARQL client) and "identity"
  • make some buzz-> integrate a statement store in EXT:semantic
  • EXT:taxonomy on top