This is the protocol of the T3DD09 Core Team Meeting.
- 1 Monday
- 2 Tuesday
- 3 Wednesday
- Version numbers Extbase / FLOW3:
- Automated comparison FLOW3 / Extbase APIs?
- Deprecated annotations -> with version numbers
- API Doc: do not render @internal (PHPDoc does _not_ render @internal)
- Releases (4.3, FLOW3)
- ToDo: When should we release FLOW3 alpha 1 (june 1st, then monthly releases?)
- ToDo: Basic domain models - as separate extensions -> Announce!
- ToDo DevDays: add Extbase @internal annotations
- ToDo (Ingmar, Jens): Talk about extbase kickstarter
- ToDo DevDays: look through Fluid ViewHelpers / API
- ToDo: add CSS class for form validation errors (Christopher)
- Should ViewHelpers be extensible? -> No
- ToDo: Review Fluid: Sebastian, Bastian, Ingo, Steffen, Christopher, Everybody else not listed
- Caching Framework
- Memcached is mostly useful for multiple servers; APC is better for 1 server
- it's "pretty fast"
- FileCache: Problem with windows
- RSA Authentication
- Reports module
- replaces "BE Log" module, and extends it
- ToDo: IndexedSearch - Indexing statistics -> Reports
- ToDo: Replace "yellow box" in about module
- Great stuff!!!
- Next steps: Finance the thing, Build up jury, Sponsorship
- Thankx Jens!
- Installation of TYPO3 v5
- Problem: File permissions
- Idea: TYPO3 installs itself (out of phar file)
- Who does it? (Until 1st June) - Christopher, Tobi, Thomas
- ToDo: implement!
- Backwards compatibility
- Problem: Remove @deprecated methods
- Just tell people about deprecation warnings in 4.3
- Encourage people to use alpha & beta versions
- automatically create list of deprecated methods (for developers)
- Remove deprecated methods in 4.4
- Problem: What about deprecated TypoScript things?
- log deprecated in PHP code as well
- Problem: Remove @deprecated methods
- Versioning & Workspaces
- Problem: There'll be a workshop about V&W at DevDays
- Who has experience? -> Please join! (Ingo, Michael, Olly, Steffen, François, Patrick)
- Sat 12:00
- planned for 4.3
- Solution Extbase: register autoloader in ext_localconf!
- Server tour: 8:45 at entrance
How do you feel?
- Very good team spirit; Joining the teams was great
- there should be more activity on core list
- Problem: Team is consensus-based; do we need voting / dictatorship?
- How can we avoid really long discussions? / How do we stop the discussions?
- How can we better communicate what we do?
- How do we handle suggestions?
- FAQs at one place?
- ToDo: Page on t3org: How to get a bug fixed
- Bug Days help to connect with people.
- What should assoc money be spent on?
- We create list of pressing, important bugs
- Association members / people? should vote what bug is important
- Xtreme Zap the Gremlins - Assoc pays travel expenses, ...
- How we present 4.3: many 4.3 features are backports of FLOW3 (caching, fluid, extbase)
- ToDo: Communication: weekly blog - many things extracted from commit messages; Michael, Robert
- ToDo: buzz.typo3.org RSS feed view on typo3.org (Sebastian, Jens)
- What are the benefits of the association?
- Bug voting ?
Money allocation for v4
- "urgent" projects will get decided by code responsible, and release manager -> then mail on internal list asking for implementor
- "strategic" decisions by core team
- ToDo: Talk to agencies what is acceptable to them in terms of money / compensation for bug days / travelling costs for developers (who does this?)
- we can give Jeff help, if he says what's needed
- please OPEN ISSUES on forge!
- Steffen, Olly, Karsten, Robert would have time to fix something quickly
- we decide on it tomorrow
- QA role and social affairs role will be reelected yearly
- quality assurer: Stucki
- organization of meetings / Events: Ingo
- social affairs: Olly (after 4.3 release + break), Ingmar before
- Release manager for 4.4: Benni
- we'll finally decide that tomorrow
Core Team and HCI team: interaction
- Currently: Skype or email Jens directly
- Core team needs to accept HCI decisions
- Suggested: Two-way workflow:
- Developer: open "Request for approval" in HCI issue tracker, with screenshots, and HCI approves it.
- HCI: if things discussed finally, add feature request (with screenshot) on forge for core
- In RFC on core list: "Reference to HCI discussion", then just validate PHP quality
- Publicity: tell people that there are tasks from HCI team
- we need an HCI outlook / roadmap
- ToDo: Each of us implements a feature request of HCI
- ToDo: Speed improvements of forge (Christopher, Sebastian)
Discussion sponsored projects
- more marketing might make more sense
- maybe use first newsletter to communicate this
- ToDo: Ask the agencies, what they need - Survey (Plan the next steps: François, Jens, Julle, Ernesto, Ingmar, Michael, Ingo)
Current status 4.3
- New alpha release: today or tomorrow
- With extbase, fluid, (maybe FE editing?)
- ToDo: Commit patches: caching, autoloader, t3lib_db patch
- Christopher: t3lib_db RFC
- Jochen: caching RFC
- Sebastian: clean up autoloader in extbase
- Bastian: Extbase - add exception if eAccelerator strips comments
- ToDo today: include extbase and fluid core
- Expected final: end of june, beginning of july
Current status of Extbase / Fluid
- Ready for alpha
- ToDo for final:
- mark everything as @internal except a few classes
- lazy loading proxy
- refactor persistence layer
- stabilize API, introduce Query object
- we aim for some big extensions being ported to Extbase
- on DevDays ask: which extension need to be ported to Extbase?
- stabilize everything (Usability, consistency, performance, ...)
- Mentor people to write extensions for extbase
- Global categories / taxonomy
- integrate basic DAM structure into core (common things like support for metadata, trees, ...)
- Talk to Stanislas about HTMLarea vs tinymce vs ExtJS RTE - check with v5 guys as well
- custom ExtJS skin
- make retro style an extension, and integrate t3skin in core, use css sprites
- we'll make it work together with Jeff :-)
- committed: Olly, Benni, Steffen, Torsten, Jens
TYPO3 v5 content structure
- Please upload the screenshots here
Thanks for such a great and productive meeting!