- 1 Deprecation: #60574 - Client Related Conditions
- 2 Deprecation: #61513 - Use native htmlspecialchars in ExtendedTemplateService
- 3 Deprecation: #61958 - TCA rendering methods
- 4 Deprecation: #62363 - TSFE->JSeventFuncCalls disabled
- 5 Deprecation: #62667 Additional "WrapBorder" Table In FormEngine
- 6 Deprecation: #62794 - Mail methods in GeneralUtility
- 7 Deprecation: #62795 - DocumentTemplate->endPageJS()
- 8 Deprecation: #62800 - Workspaces ToolbarItem via ExtDirect
- 9 Deprecation: #62854 - Abstractplugin->pi_list_searchBox()
- 10 Deprecation: #62864 - BackendUtility->helpTextIcon deprecated
- 12 Deprecation: #62988 - Deprecate unused/non-unified DocumentTemplate code
Deprecation: #60574 - Client Related Conditions
Conditions that depend on client details are unlovely for a number of reasons:
- Per condition or permutation of conditions that matches, the frontend creates a different cache entry. This can lead to a very high number of cache entrys per page
- Conditions based on browser or clients on server side are bad practice.
- The device information in the core is outdated (for example it is possible to match "AMIGA")
- Setups like reverse proxies give additional headaches with these types of conditions
- All client related condition types are deprecated with this patch.
Usage of client related TypoScript conditions will result in a deprecation log message. Client related conditions are browser, version, system and useragent.
Installations using TypoScript conditions for browser, version, system or useragent.
- Most usual conditions for specific browsers can nowadays be turned into conditional CSS includes
- Use libraries such as modernizr for browser support
- If conditions for specific clients or devices are still needed, they should be done with a userFunc condition and a project like WURFL or Device Detector that keep the device information more recent than the current core code like matching AMIGA
Deprecation: #61513 - Use native htmlspecialchars in ExtendedTemplateService
In previous versions the ExtendedTemplateService used a conditional wrapper method to apply htmlspecialchars() for rendering TypoScript search labels, keys and comments in the backend. This option was never used, so htmlspecialchars() was always activated rendering the option and method redundant and not necessary. Calls to the method are removed. The ExtendedTemplateServer method and property are now marked as deprecated for removal with CMS 8.
Custom extensions using the flag ExtendedTemplateService->ext_noSpecialCharsOnLabels or a custom implementation of ExtendedTemplateService might get different results when using this switch within the class.
Installations using ExtendedTemplateService in their own extensions.
Deprecation: #61958 - TCA rendering methods
The following methods of the class TYPO3CMSBackendFormFormEngine have been marked as deprecated:
Each method is moved into a designated class inside TYPO3CMSBackendFormElement to clean up the FormEngine class.
If a 3rd party extension calls the mentioned methods directly, a deprecation log entry will be created.
All installations which call the mentioned methods.
Every call of a 3rd party extension to the mentioned method must be changed to use the new classes.
Deprecation: #62363 - TSFE->JSeventFuncCalls disabled
TYPO3 CMS provides a way to register direct JS calls to be added to the body tag of the frontend output to allow several functions to register for e.g. "onload". Nowadays this is done via JS frameworks directly, or via JS variables.
The functionality has been marked as deprecated.
The core does not use this functionality anymore. Installations with menus using "GMENU_LAYERS", which has been removed from the core a while ago, but still use it via third-party extensions, might not work anymore as expected.
All installations which use the :code:`$TSFE->JSeventFuncCalls` option, e.g. like GMENU_LAYERS.
Every call of a 3rd party extension to the mentioned method must be changed to use their own JS function registration.
Deprecation: #62667 Additional "WrapBorder" Table In FormEngine
In previous versions the FormEngine always wrapped fields around an additional HTML table element. This was done in a separate method called :code:`wrapBorder()` utilizing the SECTION_WRAP subpart of the FormEngine template. As styling is now done completely via LESS/CSS, all calls to the method have been removed. The wrapBorder method and sectionWrap property of FormEngine are now marked as deprecated for removal with CMS 8.
Custom extensions using the :code:`wrapBorder()` method will not get the additional table wrap.
Installations using FormEngine and the :code:`wrapBorder()` method or custom FormEngine templates in their own extensions.
Deprecation: #62794 - Mail methods in GeneralUtility
The following methods of the class TYPO3CMSCoreUtilityGeneralUtility have been marked as deprecated:
The methods were used together with the old mail API and are now obsolete. Deprecation warnings will be triggered if used.
Installations that still use those methods will trigger deprecations warnings.
Code that still uses these methods should be refactored to the mail API using TYPO3CMSCoreMailMailer class.
Deprecation: #62795 - DocumentTemplate->endPageJS()
Method :code:`TYPO3CMSBackendTemplateDocumentTemplate::endPageJS()` and the according property :code:`endJS` have been marked as deprecated.
None, as it isn't in use anymore since TYPO3 CMS 4.5 and was responsible for notifying the browser that the session is still active.
Installations misusing top.busy until now for their own good will break.
Deprecation: #62800 - Workspaces ToolbarItem via ExtDirect
The PHP functionality for switching a workspace was done with the ExtDirect call :code:`TYPO3.Ajax.ExtDirect.ToolbarMenu` until now. This has been replaced by a simple AJAX JSON call, based on jQuery and the refactored ToolbarItem Menu for the workspaces module.
The core does not use this functionality anymore, and also removed the ExtDirect registration for this class.
All installations which directly used the ExtDirect :code:`TYPO3.Ajax.ExtDirect.ToolbarMenu` to fetch the data.
Use the new AjaxHandler :code:`Workspaces::setWorkspace()` directly instead.
Deprecation: #62854 - Abstractplugin->pi_list_searchBox()
Method :code:`pi_list_searchBox()` of AbstractPlugin (aka pibase) was used with very old search solutions and is hopelessly outdated. It is now discouraged to be used and will be removed with next major version.
Extensions still using :code:`pi_list_searchBox()` will throw a deprecation warning.
Any extension still using this method needs to be adapted.
Deprecation: #62864 - BackendUtility->helpTextIcon deprecated
The function :code:`helpTextIcon()` in BackendUtility has been marked as deprecated.
The core does not use this functionality anymore.
All installations which use the function :code:`helpTextIcon()`.
Use :code:`BackendUtility::cshItem()` instead.
If a 3rd party extension calls the mentioned methods directly, a deprecation log will be written to the browser console.
A TYPO3 instance is affected if a 3rd party extension refers to the method TYPO3.Flashmessages.display() or uses TYPO3.Severity.information constants.
The affected 3rd party extensions must be modified to use top.TYPO3.Flashmessages instead of TYPO3.Flashmessages.
// Old and deprecated: TYPO3.Flashmessages.display(TYPO3.Severity.notice) // New and the only correct way: top.TYPO3.Flashmessages.display(top.TYPO3.Severity.notice)
The TYPO3.Severity object has been moved to top.TYPO3.Severity. Use top.TYPO3.Severity.* instead.
Deprecation: #62988 - Deprecate unused/non-unified DocumentTemplate code
Several functions within DocumentTemplate are not encouraged to be used anymore.
The hard-coded background image setting via :code:`$TBE_STYLES['background']` is removed and its usage is deprecated.
Additionally, the font-wrapping methods rfw() and dfw() are deprecated. The according CSS was removed from the core.
The method collapseableSection(), which was used solely by the reports module for ages in a buggy way, is also deprecated in favor of Bootstrap collapseables and localstorage.
The core does not use this functionality anymore.
All installations which use the setting :code:`$GLOBALS['TBE_STYLES']['background']` or any of the functions:
- Use CSS directly instead of :code:`$GLOBALS['TBE_STYLES']['background']`
- Use the CSS class text-muted instead of the method :code:`dfw()`
- Use the CSS class text-danger instead of the method :code:`rfw()`
- Use HTML bootstrap classes, localStorage etc. instead of :code:`collapseableSection()`