TYPO3 CMS 7.2.0
<< Back to Administrators page
Release Notes for TYPO3 CMS 7.2.0
This document contains information about TYPO3 CMS 7.2.0 which was released on April 28th, 2015.
144e4d29acf2e6a3ed7f548b5d470310 typo3_src-7.2.0.tar.gz caebda48df74d0dac007c6ce338a0a4e typo3_src-7.2.0.zip
- Before you update any instance to 7.2, have a backup in place.
- Then uninstall any extension, that is not shipped with the core. This will avoid broken backend after upgrade due to removed class alias layer.
- Now download the new core and present it to your instance (by symlink or copied files)
- Use the install tool to run the upgrade wizards
- Use the install tool to clear each and every cache you can find, even opcode.
- Open the backend and go to the extensionmanager. When you use any extension without namespaces, activate the compatibility6 extension. You find further information about this extension and its purpose at https://typo3.org/news/article/retaining-compatibility-to-typo3-cms-6/
- Now reactivate your extensions and enjoy the brand new TYPO3 CMS 7.
- When you encounter compatibility problems with your extensions, look for the git versions around in order to find one already upgraded. For example realurl can be found here, until it gets released to TER: https://github.com/helhum/realurl