TYPO3 CMS 7.6.2
<< Back to Administrators page
Release Notes for TYPO3 CMS 7.6.2
This document contains information about TYPO3 CMS 7.6.2 which was released on December 21st, 2015.
This release is a bug fix release.
Several regressions that had been introduced with the last versions have been fixed with these releases.
7f67a22b4a08a57a3259f5be34633d26 typo3_src-7.6.2.tar.gz a4e0f2b5667add63e10dc9b8ed64ed2d typo3_src-7.6.2.zip
Upgrading from TYPO3 6.2 and from earlier versions of TYPO3 7
- Before you update any instance to 7.6, have a backup in place.
- Then uninstall any extension, that is not shipped with the core. This will avoid broken backend after upgrade due to removed class alias layer.
- Now download the new core and present it to your instance (by symlink or copied files)
- Use the install tool to run the upgrade wizards
- Use the install tool to clear each and every cache you can find, even opcode.
- Open the backend and go to the extensionmanager. When you use any extension without namespaces, activate the compatibility6 extension which can be found in the TYPO3 Extension Repository of typo3.org. You find further information about this extension and its purpose at https://typo3.org/news/article/retaining-compatibility-to-typo3-cms-6/
- Now reactivate your extensions and enjoy the brand new TYPO3 CMS 7.
- When you encounter compatibility problems with your extensions, look for the git versions around in order to find one already upgraded. For example realurl can be found here, until it gets released to TER: https://github.com/helhum/realurl
Upgrading from TYPO3 7.6 / TYPO3 7 LTS
The usual upgrading procedure applies. No database updates are necessary.
It might be required to clear all caches; the "important actions" section in the TYPO3 Install Tool offers the accordant possibility to do so.
Here is a list of what was fixed since 7.6.1: