TYPO3 Neos-General goals discussion
This are the goals we want to archieve in a TYPO3 5.0 final release. Please be invited in discussing these goals in the news group. Naturally this list is neither complete, carved in stone nor perfect, it is rather a draft. - Sebastian
We want to keep...
- Extensions / Flexibility
- TypoScript syntax
- idea of TCEforms
- FE editing
- Access control lists / Fine-grained permission system
- high customizability (currently through hooks / xclasses)
We want to add...
- Unit Tests right from the beginning
- Unified Data Access (no direct access to the Database anymore) and the possibility of different storage mechanisms
- Relations should be handled automatically, even relations like "link"-Tags or files
- better separation of logic and presentation (especially in the BE) -> Templating
- stable versioning (including files)
- Templating API
- Form handling, rendering and validation in both FE and BE
- Events-based "Kernel" to seperate the UI from the "code"
- support more standards natively when it makes sense (LDAP, WebDav, iCal, ...)
- more fine-grained packaging system to allow "Out-of the Box" deployment while the system gets more modularized<
- the gap between FE and BE shrinks
- No separation of BE/FE at the code level (of course, in the User Interface, FE and BE will be still available)