notice - This information is outdated
These are IMHO the most useful extensions for almost every site, install them via the Extension Module:
- CSS styled content (css_styled_content) - who would create a site without css nowadays?
- Static File Edit Static_File_Edit - extremly handy for those "last minute template/css file changes"
- Indexed Search Engine (indexed_search) - fast- and nice search result output, too
- Different Linklayout (dh_linklayout) - prefix external, file or email-links with small icons
- RTE: HTML-Area (rte_pb_htmlarea) - see: /ChoosingTheBestRTE
- Page Title Changer (mf_pagetitle) - you need this plugin in order to customize the browser window title - no you don't - smurfslay provided another solution: Xris:ChangePageTitle
- Top Content (gst_topcontent) - "News" without the manual labour- just edit your content
- Searchbox for Indexed Search Engine (macina_searchbox) - if you need a small searchform on every page
If you plan on using multiple languages, be sure to include the appropriate plugins, e.g.:
- TS Language, German (ts_language_de) - why?